Tuesday, May 10, 2011

High Chair Seat Cushions

I know I have a few months to go before the little one will sit and eat in his high chair, but this was a project I just had to get done now.  My husband and I picked this high chair up at our local unfinished furniture store. We  knew we wanted a wood high chair and not an unsightly plastic one. I just love the look of natural materials in my home. My husband stained it and it has been sitting naked in the corner of our dining room. I had picked up this very cute owl print fabric from Joann fabrics. I wasnt sure what I was going to use it for, but then I realized it would make the perfect high chair seat cushion, so I paired it with a contrasting stripe and I think it came out really cute.

1. The first thing I did to make this was to hold a piece of paper bag up to the high chair and to trace the bottom and the top.
2. I cut that out and laid the pattern pieces on my fabric (see below)
3. Then I cut some batting for the inside. I think I did 4 layers for added thickness
4.Sewed it up and turned it right side out and you will see on the bottom the finished product.


Laying out the pattern pieces to cut them out.


Here is the fabric. It is so cute.



The fabric and batting cut out ready to go.


The finished product. I really like how it turned out considering I have never made seat cushions before.


It is reversible too. Sorry didnt photograph the stripe fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment