Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cloth diaper update.

So we are on week 3 of cloth diapering our little man. I just wanted to share my observations so far. Prepping the prefolds was a bit of work, but once it was done it was done.  I use the prefolds with the thirsties covers during the day, but for nighttime I put him in a seventh generation chlorine free diaper. I want him to sleep comfortably and I try not to change him during the night, unless he is absolutely soaked. By the way I love the 7th generation disposables better than the Earth's Best if you are going to use disposables, but that is just my opinion.


I also really love, love, love the grovia owl print all in one. It is super cute and easy to use. They are also very trim, but they are a little on the expensive side. I couldn't use these exclusively, because I would need way too many and it is out of my budget. The prefolds are definately the most reasonable option. 





 I am very happy about my decision to cloth. It is safer for my babies little bum and he looks super cute with them on. It really isnt that much harder than the disposables. For the pee pee diapers I put them right in the fabric diaper bag and with the poopy ones I use my diaper sprayer to rinse them off and then put them directly into my little washing maching. I wash the diapers every other day or I have waited until the third day and it wasnt a problem. I then dry them on the line. My only problem with air drying them is sometimes the shape gets funky, but then I iron them out and they are ok.

The only complaint I have so far with the prefolds is that they are a little bulky and there are not many clothes made for cloth diapered babies. I did find a pattern for cute pants at made-by-rae.com that are super cute and work well. Sometimes he just wears the diaper with a onesie that is one size bigger.
.
All in all I think it is going pretty well so far. We will see what happens in a few more months when he starts eating food.

No comments:

Post a Comment