Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rainy afternoon activity.


My it has been a long time since I last posted. The time flies by and we have been super busy the last few months.  Well we are getting into rainy season here in Florida, as well as very hot and humid weather. So the little one and I will be finding lots of activities that we can do inside. Here is one of them. Mixing, stirring and sorting beans. This is a very calming sensorial activity for little ones. Toddlers that put things in their mouths have to be thouroughly supervised, ie my little man. I sat with him as he did this activity. It kept him calm for about 20 mins this is a record for my normally rambunctious 14 month old. All that you need are different types of beans, our them into a big bowl and get some mixing and pouring utensils and let the fun begin. Older children my like to actually sort beans into muffin tins. This is a great Montessori activity.





No comments:

Post a Comment